The HR Department attracts, develops and retains talented and qualified employees for the CSB. HR also provides training and programs, including a Performance Management Program, to assist staff to improve at work and to promote success for all students.
The HR Department also assists school administrators, departmental directors and other employees in various areas including negotiation of collective agreements and labour relations.
When to Contact HR?
The Office of the Secretary General ensures the Board’s activities and actions comply with all legal, professional, and ethical standards.
- James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement – Section 16
- Quebec Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons
Contact this office if you have questions about School Board By-laws or policies, a Freedom of Information request, or an issue with compliance with the Canadian Copyright Act.
The Office also provides and preserves information for the Cree School Board.
The Council of Commissioners consists of nine Commissioners who serve three-year terms on a rotational basis. Council is led by a chairperson; elections for this position are also held every three years.
Contact Secretary General for
- Access to Information requests
- Information on CSB elections
- Formal complaints
- Policies that are not available on the website
- General inquiries for corporate files
Information & Technologies
The Department of Information & Technologies:
- Helps schools improve the way education is delivered
- Provides students with the technological resources to enrich the educational experience
- Helps staff improve productivity with proper technological tools
- Establishes, provides and maintains the necessary technological infrastructure services and resources to support continuous improvement
The Finance Department supports the administration of pay for all employees and is responsible for preparing yearly reports, ensuring compliance with government regulations, and managing the group insurance (SSQ) and pension plan (RREGOP & RRPE).
Communications & Community Relations
The Department of Communications & Community Relations was established in 2016 to encourage strong communication values and procedures in support of the CSB vision, mission, values, and strategic action plan.
Material Resources ensures that students and employees benefit from a safe, innovative facility. MRS undertakes and manages construction and supply contracts involving schools as well as housing, and is involved in the housing, moving and storage policies of the Board.