We are a unique Indigenous school board supporting the education of almost 5,000 Cree youth in northern Quebec.
As the leader of the Cree School Board, the Director General is responsible for the operations of the Cree School Board. They implement the decisions of the Executive Committee and the Council of Commissioners. The Director General oversees implementation of the Strategic Action Plan, and the Annual Report, as well as the biennial Regional General Assembly.
Deputy Director General - Pedagogy
The Office of Deputy Director General (Pedagogy) supports Board-wide pedagogical activities through the Departments of Complementary Services, Digital Learning, Education Services, and School Operations.
Deputy Director General - Operations
The Office of the Deputy Director General (Operations) supports the Board's learning environments and enhances its operational effectiveness.
How can we help?
Complementary Services helps all students in the Youth Sector have a comprehensive educational experience for all students in the Youth Sector.
Digital Learning supports and empowers the teachers and students, including developing online courses, blended or hybrid learning, or digital content and resources.
Based in Chisasibi, Education Services provides Board-wide support to student learning in the youth sector.
- ongoing development and implementation of the Cree Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (GVC), along with its aligned resources and teacher support.
- development of Cree language and culture programs and resources
- other student services
iiyiyiuiyihtiwin Research & Development
Iiyiyiuiyihtiwin Research & Development is dedicated to developing Indigenous educational models and other key initiatives. The Eeyou Iihtuwin Research & Development acts as a steward of Cree language and culture for the Cree School Board.
Finance & Administration
- administers pay for all employees
- prepares yearly reports
- ensures compliance with government regulations
- manages the group insurance (SSQ) and pension plan (RREGOP & RRPE)
Higher Learning is responsible for the overall management of general and vocational college programs, as well as post secondary programs, in order to ensure that higher education mission and vision are carried out.
Human Resources looks after employee relations at the Cree School Board, including the teaching staff in the schools.
- assures good working conditions
- fosters positive employee relations
- promotes professional development and wellness
Information & Technologies
The Department of Information & Technologies:
- Helps schools improve the way education is delivered
- Provides students with technological resources to enrich the educational experience
- Helps staff improve productivity with proper technological tools
- Establishes, provides and maintains the necessary technological infrastructure services and resources to support continuous improvement
This department acts in the interest of students and employees by ensuring the safest, most innovative and pleasant facilities for learning and working.
Post-Secondary Student Services
PSSS supports Cree students from Eeyou Istchee who pursue post-secondary education or professional qualifications.
- financial support
- social support
- guidance counselling
Sabtuan Adult Education Services
SAES provides a wide range of community-based education and training opportunities for adults (16+) living in Eeyou Istchee.
- Vocational (Sabtuan Regional Vocational Training Centre)
- General Education
School Operations leads the youth sector pedagogical team in place in our schools with the goal of ensuring that all schools provide focused and effective leadership through evidence-based practices and collaborative environments.
The Secretary General is the official record-keeper for the Cree School Board.
- preserves information from corporate meetings and elections
- retains all official registers, corporate books, and other legal and informational documents
- ensures the Board's activities and actions are compliance with all binding laws