ᔖᐳᐦᑐᐧᐋᓐ ᒋᔅᑯᑕᒫᒉᐅᑲᒥᒄ ᐋᐸᑎᓰᐧᐃᓐ
Vocational Training & Adult Education Jobs
Share your skills, support Cree communities, and enjoy Northern living! Sabtuan Adult Education Services offers a unique and dynamic work experience for any tradesperson or teacher looking to make a difference.
Submit this short form and we will contact you when we are hiring teachers.
If you have any questions, please include them in the "comments".
Why teach with Sabtuan Adult Education Services?
When you teach Sabtuan students, you’re helping build the future of Cree communities.
Small class sizes
There are typically between 7 and 15 students in each class.
Our high-quality technology, tools, and facilities will give you everything you need to teach successfully.
Quiet, beautiful living
Experience Cree culture and enjoy a quiet, relaxing lifestyle close to nature.
"I feel privileged to have instructed many students who are now an active part of the Cree workforce. For me, the pristine Eeyou Istchee is one of the best places to be. It offers everything I enjoy: cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, fishing, berry-picking...My colleagues are friendly; the administration and the support staff are supportive and cooperative; all communities that I have served are very welcoming."
Teaching with Sabtuan Adult Education Services
The Cree School Board
For Vocational Training
- 5+ years of experience in your trade/field
- Up-to-date certifications in your trade/field (requirements vary by program)
- Patience and ability to teach adult learners
- Ability to develop, administer, and mark exams
- Proficiency in English (French and/or Cree may be required for some programs and are always an asset)
For General Education
- A Bachelors Degree and a Canadian teaching certification
- Fluent in English (fluency in French or Cree may also be required for language teachers)
- Teaching experience in Adult Education (asset)
- Teaching experience in Indigenous community (asset)
- Creativity, openness, and passion for teaching