Become a certified mechanic with this hands-on program!
Learn how to:
- Determine their suitability for the trade and the training process
- Avoid health, safety and environmental hazards
- Find technical information about construction equipment
- Do workshop work
- Perform heating, welding and cutting operations
- Establish interpersonal relationships at work
- Inspect hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Inspect electrical and electronic systems
- Inspect wheels and repair power brake systems
- Repair clutches and traction systems
- Maintain and repair charging and starting systems
- Repair electrical circuits and cab accessories
- Do general maintenance work on diesel injection systems and engine brakes
- Tune up diesel engines
- Inspect and replace diesel engines
- Repair diesel engines
- Repair transmission systems
- Repair hydraulic components on construction equipment
- Maintain hydrostatic transmissions
- Repair and maintain semiautomatic and automatic transmissions
- Repair and maintain steering systems
- Perform routine periodic maintenance on construction equipment
- Enter the work force
How do I Apply?
Identify the courses or program you wish to take
Review your options and build a learning plan with the adult education guidance counsellor.
Bring documents to your local Adult Education Office
Bring your birth certificate, social insurance number, and school reports/transcripts to your local Adult Education office. If you are applying for a vocational program, please contact your Local Education Consultant for more details on necessary documents. Find my local adult education office.
Fill out an application
If you applied for General Education classes, welcome! You may be able to start immediately after submitting your application. If you applied for a Vocational Program, you will be contacted following the selection process.