Prepare for your career as a computer support technician, network administrator, or equipment installer.
Learn how to:
- Determine their suitability for the occupation and the training process
- Analyze the architecture and operation of computer systems
- Exploit the possibilities of operating systems using older technology
- Apply a problem-solving method
- Research information
- Develop a utility program
- Interact in various work situations
- Exploit the possibilities of application software
- Exploit the possibilities of operating systems using recent technology
- Create and use a database
- Install the hardware and software of a computer
- Manage their time
- Communicate in French
- Manage access to the resources of a network
- Install the shareable resources of a network
- Exploit the possibilities of telecommunications facilities
- Manage their careers
- Troubleshoot a computer problem
- Optimize the performance of a computer
- Provide technical support at a telephone help desk
- Ensure the proper operation of computers in the workplace
- Provide service to clients in the workplace
Do you have the prerequisites?
- Secondary IV language of instruction, second language and mathematics
- Secondary III language of instruction + Secondary IV mathematics + General Development Test
How do I Apply?
Identify the courses or program you wish to take
Review your options and build a learning plan with the adult education guidance counsellor.
Bring documents to your local Adult Education Office
Bring your birth certificate, social insurance number, and school reports/transcripts to your local Adult Education office. If you are applying for a vocational program, please contact your Local Education Consultant for more details on necessary documents. Find my local adult education office.
Fill out an application
If you applied for General Education classes, welcome! You may be able to start immediately after submitting your application. If you applied for a Vocational Program, you will be contacted following the selection process.